Sometimes I get fun and quirky couples who will not hesitate to share their pregnancy laments, though most of them tongue-in-cheek. The other day, a husband quipped that he “…nak tengok bola pun tak boleh, wifey moody je, how?”, and that really made me chuckle.
Dear wives, having been pregnant multiple times myself, I truly understand the (sometimes unexplained) neediness and emotional outbursts, which I’m not spared of myself, hee! So here’s sharing with you a quick tip to help you get through the testing days/weeks/months.
(Before that, quick note for the clueless husbands: yes, pregnant women can get very needy and even a 0.5 sec of inattention away from her can sometimes cause floodgates of tears to open. Don’t ask us why, its the hormones! 😉 These also include but not limited to other things like:
1) not giving her complete attention when she is telling you something (even though unintentional!)
2) forgetting to ask her what she had for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Or forgetting to ask if she had even eaten… Oops.
3) not getting the hints about her cravings she’s dropped to you (Dear wives, stop with the hints already. Just tell him what you want! 😂)
4) forgetting to get her what she asked you to (especially if its a craving!)
5) replying simply with an “eh?” when she complains to you about her backache, leg aches or sore anything
6) complaining that you had such a tiring day at work (unless you’ve already asked her about her day plus act completely interested about it – that, or unless she asks first).
7) …and many more.
And if you wish to focus on your soccer game at night, remember to get her something she likes before that! 💝🎁
My humble advice: do try and put in extra extra effort at this stage because it is not only for her, it is for your own good too. This is really not the time to convince your wife that she is strong and independent so she’ll manage well on her own (oh dear, no!). Remember the golden rule: A happy mummy makes a happy baby! And a happy baby will make a happy daddy kan? Sabar ye, tak lama… 9 bulan aje 😁
That said, if you’re already the thoughtful husband who’s never committed any of the ‘offences’ above, I say Thank You Very Much on behalf of all pregnant mothers out there 👏. At this point, I’d also like to thank DH for being very supportive throughout my pregnancies, especially in the care of the younger ones, Alhamdulillah 😘).
Where was I?
Oh yes, back to the quick tip on how to deal with our own emotions as a pregnant mum.
So the next time you feel a potential emotional moment setting in, and your hubbies just don’t seem to get it, my advice is not to let your emotions get the best of you. Just tell yourself:
“Oh Allah, I gladly accept this test as long as dear hubby is contented (redha) with me during labour and birth”.
I promise you that this will instantly light up your heart, InshaAllah! Remember that you are never alone, Allah is always with you! 💞💖💞💖